Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bonita Ninos







This morning I went out to visit three of the homes of the sick. I felt like we were driving all over the place (ok we were), but we had to get the food and then go to the different barrios to deliver them. It was fun to see some of the same people we visited last week like the old man and Jennifer. Once again she had a glowing smile on her face. I had a good time visting them in their homes. I was the only one who spoke english so I was unable to speak with any of the people I was with. It gives me even more motivation to really want to learn how to speak spanish. I am really trying, but it is difficult :( I then got dropped off to the work site where the other group was working. From the looks of their faces and clothing it looked like they had been working really hard, and I know they were. They picked up everything from the site very well. Then, in the afternoon we went on a boat ride on the river. It was so cool because we were able to get up super close to some of the waterfalls. Another cool thing was that within the river there is another river. So, basically these two rivers meet but they are seperated by the different sediments and water concentration that make them up. You can visibly see the difference as one river is almost a brown color. It was the coolest thing ever. One of the guys from our group jumped out to be inbetween both rivers. No worries Mamita I stayed inside the boat ;) Well, we all did except the one guy. Who knows what the water is contaminated with, or what was swimming around in there. ha Tonight we went to a park called Christmas Park. It was a park with a bunch of little venders selling different things and then a huge play area for kids. So we are walking and Beth points out a little boy with down syndrome and I instantly freak out! It turns out he has a sister with down syndrome ( I double freak out) my impulse is to run up and take a pic, but Beth informed me that we should prob have one of the guys with us tell them in spanish what we were doing. Ok ok I agreed. So Aunty M for you I took pictures with these beautiful children :) There is more to the story, but I will share with you that when I get home. The little boy was adorable and we exchanged many many hugs!!! I loved it. I told the guy to tell the parents that they have beautiful children (bonita ninos). I was just so happy! Oh and then on our way back we got helado woop woop Me gusta helado!!! Just can''t get enough haha Tomorrow we are super excited because we are going to a futbol game here at the futbol stadium. It is going to be a great time for sure!! Buenas Noches!! Chao

2 comments:

  1. Awww I'm so glad you girls are having a good time! I'm sure people are seeing the light of Christ through you! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL EMILY!!! You just made my day again....Sending hugs and love,Aunty M

    ReplyDelete