Thursday, January 7, 2010

Silencia Por Favor!

We made it!!! We are presently in Venezuela! The weather here is gorgeous! We just got done getting a tour of the church here. Beth and I got to ride in the back of Fr. Greg´s truck, because that is how they do it here in Venezuela :) It was only around the neighborhood. It was so fun shouting out hola to all of the people around here. They are so welcoming! I am literally running off no sleep! The only sleep I really got was at the airport in Caracus. However, the lady on the loud speaker every 10 minutes would come on saying silencia por favor and then say something in spanish. So, while I was trying to sleep I had that ringing in the back of my head. For some reason I have been meditating on that phrase. I can not seem to get it out of my head. So, I have decided that if I ever feel overwhelmed or am not confident about something down here...I must silent my heart and listen to what God is trying to reveal. I am just so excited to see where He is going to lead us and what He is going to use us for down here. Well, we have church coming up here soon, and then they are throwing us a welcoming party! We get to salsa dance which I am sooooo excited for!!! Love you and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it there safe! I hope you have the time of your life down there! I can't wait to see pictures. I hope Matt is out of the hospital and doing better!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just now attempting to catch up on reading these blogs... i made it through one and i'm already jealous but SO happy for you! :) you girls are in my prayers and i hope it is an amazing and faithfilled experience for you! :)

    ReplyDelete