Saturday, January 9, 2010

Me Gusta Bailar!!!!!







Today was filled with lots of joy and a bit of saddness. We statrted out the day by splitting up into three groups and going out to serve in three poor areas. The house that I went to was a girl named Jennifer. She is 15 years old and is handicapped. Eventhough she could not speak, her smile was muy bonita!! We had fun making silly faces at her and making her laugh. She was filled with so much joy! She had no idea that the home she was in was made out of tin. She had no idea that the only articles of clothing she was wearing were a diaper and a shirt. She had no idea of the poverty that was surrounding her. What she did know is that we were there because we love her, and that her family loves her, and that she is surrounded by LOVE! It was beautiful to see. We cleaned up their yard for them and brought her a new mattress. Then we visited another elderly man's home. Once again, it was beautiful to see the joy in his eyes. Later in the afternoon we took a trip to La Llovizna apark. It was amazing!!! So many waterfalls and the nature surrounding us was breathtaking! As we were walking I joked to one of the guys and said, "doesn't this remind you of Minnesota?" He kindly (jokingly) agreed. The whole trail was full of bridges and rocks to climb. It was alot of fun! We even saw an iguana!! I definitely could have gone without seeing that, but it was still pretty neat. Now, I am currently getting ready to go to bed. Yo estoy muy consada...as we just returned home from an INTENSE salsa/dance party. One of the family's who is very involved with the church had us all over for a salsa dance. It was so much fun!!! I did not stop dancing once!! All the nina's had so much fun teaching me how to dance. They would laugh at times, but I must admit I did hear a few muy biens :) I just loved dancing with all of them. I love all of the people here and I LOVE this country!!!!! I can't believe it has only been 3 days. I have learned so much and have bonded in so many ways with so many of the people here!! As the Venezuelans say...CHAO! Buenas Noches!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are having a great time! I'm sure you'll leaving lasting memories for the people you are helping!! If I could only read Spanish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily!!! Sounds amazing!! And the pictures are awesome keep them coming!! Glad you are haveing a good time!! YOur in our prayers keep spreading your love~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you my sister! I'm glad you are having fun down there! I can't wait till your home and get to talk to you and hear all about it and see more pictures!!!! Bring me back something okay? I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah what a day you had well i should say is WHAT A GREAT trip your having..... im so jelous! im so happy that you are like spreading LOVE to all them people you are touching their lives so incredibly much i know it! i miss you seeesterrr alot! i was sure SURPRiSED to see you IMED me.

    xoxo

    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like God has got you on a beautiful journey!!! I'm praying for you! And I'm happy to hear you got to salsa! haha Love you! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dancing! and serving! and Spanish! and rock climbing! and iguanas! You want to make another trip there and I can come this time!? haha :) Did you know there is a salsa dancing place in CR? So we should probably head there when we both make it back to CR :)

    ReplyDelete